Saturday, September 16, 2006

Why an Induction Blog?

Her silence had me thinking. I had the chance to catch up with one of my mentors and as always she questioned the direction of my current work and my approach. When it came to sharing this Blog to her she simply asked about its purpose, I stated without hesitation, “the relationship of Induction to real life events”. Her silence had me thinking. “To show Liaisons that the components of Induction go beyond our work.” Her silence had me thinking. “To teach others about Induction.”

Her silence had me thinking about the generational differences, from Boomers to Generation Xers, and now Gen Y. New Educators unlike most of the NESS Liaisons, spent at least half of their life with a home computer and Internet access, and lately these teachers use the Internet as a tool for socialization more so than previous generations.


Why a blog? Reflection is an honored practice of learning from your experiences, the generational difference is sharing with a click of the mouse. I walk away knowing it's not that one generation is better than the other, it's just what can we do to understand and appreciate the differences. Her silence had me thinking.

"Steve Greenberg for Editor & Publisher magazine; posted here with artist's permission"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

To think is a good thing and to write about it probably even better.
Love the cartoon.