Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Questions Make Life Interesting

House on FX does a wonderful job of modeling the use of high order questions. Even with predictable story arcs, House does not accept the obvious, and is always looking for more. Throughout the show, Dr. Gregory House riddles question that would make any teacher proud. “What is the relationship between? What ideas justify? Suppose you could ___ what would you do? Can you predict the outcome if? Based on what you know, how would you explain? What information would you use to support the view?

Not to put House M.D., out of business, but how can questioning skills lead to self-improvement?

Favorite “House” Quotes:
“You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”

“I take risks, sometimes patients die, but not taking risks causes more patients to die - so I guess my biggest problem is I've been cursed with the ability to do the math.”

No comments: